Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's a Loser thing

We all have our favorite shows that we're endeared to, right? Ones that we can't live without, that we have to record (yes, some of us still have and use VCRs) if we're going to be gone, that we cry about and laugh about and heaven forbid anyone get us talking about? Well, mine is "Biggest Loser".

Ok, I need to vent about last night's show for a second. I just need to talk it out. Lol I've been watching this show since the very very beginning and every single season I'm filled with awe and inspiration to watch these total strangers change their lives. I feel as if I know them by the end of the show. I usually cry in every episode, always in the first, and always in the last. I'm a dork, I know. I've only had one season that I didn't like and that was last season's, and it was ruined for me by Vicky, Ed and Heba, the biggest game players the Loser house has ever seen. ANY rate... (I have the tendancy to ramble. Sorry. You'll get used to it. Either it will become endearing or annoying.) so last night was a love/hate show. I hated hated hated that the teams got switched around. I bawled (yes, literally was bawling. Ask Wade. He didn't know what to do with me Lol) when Bob was consoling and comforting his lost team members. I've never in all my years of watching this show seen Bob so lost like that. And yes, I understand that things need to get shaken up (is shaken even a word? maybe it's shook) now and then to get everyone out of their comfort zones, kinda like a bishop suddenly deciding to reorganize all his auxilaries, but last night was a killer. But then during the 24-hour challenge on the bikes- when Sione pulled both exhausted teams together and said "Let's DO this thing!" (I may have ad-libbed a little) I knew that things had been done for the right reasons. Wade pointed out that it was a team-building challenge. And it totally was. I can't wait to see what happens tonight at the weigh-in and see how much shaking things up has affected them.

Thanks for listening. :) You can go back to your lives now.

3 comments:

  1. I too am a lose addict! See Lind, we are supposed to be neighbors....Either that or I'm supposed to move to New Orleans?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, This is Natalie (one of Debbie's Daughters) I found your blog through Sherry. Hope you don't mind me lurking and posting comments occasionally...

    ...I just had to say here...I am also addicted to that show (and record it on a VCR too..LOL) and felt the same way last night (as well as last season) I'll be glued to the t.v. tonight as well...and I just have to add...why does the darn weigh in have to take SOOOOO long!!! (feel free to check out my blog dngarritson.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete