Friday, February 20, 2009

Sound of Music

A year ago, this same weekend, we opened "Sound of Music" at the Terrace Plaza Playhouse. This show was a complete blast and I just wanted to say Happy Anniversary to all my "SoM" peeps! Love you guys! Enjoy the pics!



Me as Maria. This was honestly the hardest role I'd ever played. It was my dream role!



The nuns rocked the house and could sing like you wouldn't believe.

Meeting the kids for the first time. :) Aren't they adorable? The Captain was played by Russ Murdock, and this was his first show! He was great! And yet, a little scary... Hehehe

Attempting to fake-play the guitar, remember the words to "Do-Re-Mi", not fall off the couch, not bang anyone in the head with the guitar, and sit modestly so no one on the front row saw more than they came for. :P

I'm really praying to help remember all the words in the prayer...

This was one of my favorite scenes, being "My Fav Things", ironically enough, cuz we got to jump on the bed! Thanks for the brakes, Brent!

In "Lonely Goatherd" the kids worked all the puppets- they were awesome!

Kudos to Annie Ferrin (in the blue snazzy dress in the front, dancing with El Capitan)- she played the other Maria and she was phenomenal- Love you Annie! Thanks for putting up with me!

Russ was hilarious- he'd either eat BBQ chips right before this scene, or put a mint in. Hahaha Thanks Russ. :) And the blushing bride... Those shoes were too big and I felt like a Clydesdale clomping around on stage.

Me with Jane and Aaron- two fantastic actors! I love them both a ton and literally bawled the last night realizing it was my last night to sing with Janey. Oh lands, knock your socks off, that girl! And singing "Cuckoo" with the kids.

So hard saying goodbye- I cried every night when the nuns started to sing "Climb Every Mountain". It was a great show!!

2 comments:

  1. Again.....SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome Lind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times, great memories. You were an awesome Maria
    ~The Illegal Mexican Num (Sister Margarita...lol)

    ReplyDelete