Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines... to fast and pray or not?

I had to laugh at my kids while they were making valentines for the kids in their classes. They would look at the child's name, go over each separate valentine to see which message was best, and appropriate, taking the friendship into consideration. Don't want to give another elementary student of the opposite sex the wrong idea, or anything. You want them to know that you can be friends, but yes, you still have cooties. And then I remembered doing the same exact thing when I was in elementary! Except back then we would put our valentines in little envelopes and put in candy hearts with the messages on them. I remember specifically putting ones in David Hadley's envelope that said 'I love you' and 'hug me' and 'UR the best'. I even remember one year being so bold as to put one in that said 'kiss me'. Alas, he was a boy, and never even probably read them. So here's to unrequited elementary-school-crushes! Cheers! And Happy Valentines!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! So good to see you guys! I can't believe how big your kids are! You guys look great! Hope you dont mind me checking your blog every now and then!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete