Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's the little breaks

So yes, my toe is broken. Monday morning I was hurrying through the kitchen and smacked my toe against a chair leg. Usually I can walk this off in a few minutes (yes, it happens quite often. I actually can't go throughout a day without smacking toes or fingers or something...) but this time there were tears and a few muttered phrases which shall not be repeated, and I found that walking on it or moving the pinky toe made me flinch in pain. And of course, it's the pinky toe. I was tough, of course, cuz that's how I was raised, and yet the pain wouldn't go away. By Tuesday it was a lovely assortment of colors- black, blue, green, purple, and so swollen that I was doing the "Quasimodo-walk" (walk this way.... sorry, only funny to me and my dad). Today I decided to have it looked at cuz it still wasn't feeling better. Long story short (too late), the large bone in my pinky toe is broken. Guess what they do for broken toes? Pretty much nothin. Haha

They did give me some pretty purple tape to "buddy-tape" it. He almost gave me baby blue. Ick. I said "after the day I've been through I think I deserve the color I want." Haha I'm such a stink. Notice how cute my other toes are, by the way. :)




He then gave me a cute little boot to wear (out in public!!) to help my poor little toes not arch so much when walking. Yeah. Today. In the snow. And slush. That's not helping my poor little toes stay dry! I can't believe how sexy it is and how great it'll look when I go dancing. :P


Good times. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ouch!!!!! Sorry you hurt your toe! But, that is lovely Nail-Polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your toe...good for you for picking purple tape. And sorry about the snow and slush, that can't have been fun. I found your blog address on facebook, hope you don't mind me checking it out. We have one too, if you want, I will send you an invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you! Thanks for the link to your blog. Lame about the toe! It's hard to believe you can actually break your toe doing something as innocent as walking through your kitchen. Yikes. I can't count the number of times I've done the same thing around the house. Great. Now I'll be all paranoid everytime I stub my toes, thinking of you and wondering if I broke something. Good luck with the pain... hope it heals fast.

    ReplyDelete