Sunday, March 1, 2009

Things are about to get a little busy around here...

You know it's never going to be good when you're sitting in primary (I teach the 7-8 year olds) and the second counselor in the bishopric asks to meet with you for a few minutes during Sharing Time and he's wearing a bathrobe over his suit. He was playing King Benjamin in another primary class. :) And you know that Young Women's was just re-organized and you're frantically racing through the callings that are still open. LOL Today I was asked to be the Young Women's Camp Director for our ward! I'm SO EXCITED!! I haven't been in YW since I was pregnant with Livi, and she just turned six! I have to admit, I've never been the camp director- served as an assistant before, but never in charge! It's funny cuz for months I've been telling Wade I've felt like I was going to get put into YW, I just didn't know when or how. This'll be fun though. My mom has been in YW roughly her whole life and my sister served as camp director (or maybe an assistant) last year and I can't wait to pick their brains. The only thing I'm worried about is that the week we go to camp falls on the same week as my last week in school. Hopefully I can take my final early and be done before we head up. We'll figure it out. I'm still just so excited! Wish me luck! :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you to be our camp director! I think camp is the very best part of YW! Anyway, you are going to be so awesome and I can't wait to see what they are planning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so terribly jealous! i love Love LOVE girls camp!!! I went for 7 years (yes that's right 7 years. i weasled my way into an extra year on both ends) and I miss it so much! have fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the YW ranks!! It's very busy and very fun. Can't wait to hear about your camp. You'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete