Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bookworms

I'm turning my children into bookworms. I'm so excited! :) On Friday I needed to go to the Weber County Library in Roy to update and renew my library card. I took Livi and Izzy with me and they had a blast! Honestly, it was because of the fish and the legos and the fact that they could play on a computer of their own, unmolested by other siblings, for a full half-hour! It was so funny to watch Izzy cuz they wear headphones so as not to disturb other kids, and she would talk out loud to me about the game while everyone else was being really quiet, it being a library and all. We went to pick up Abby and Ethan from school and then headed to the Syracuse Library to pick up a book I had on hold. I just had Ab and Liv run in for me cuz Izzy was zzzzzing. :) We got talking about the big huge library I went to as a kid- the main Weber County Library in Ogden- and they got all excited and were begging to go. Haha I hadn't been there in a dinosaur's age, but the place hadn't changed a bit! Aside from all the technology, of course. :P Back in the day when we actually had to look up the book in the card catalog to see if they had it? And then got a stamp on our card saying when the book was due back? Can you believe we even survived??

I've never seen kids so excited to go to a library- they couldn't wait to play on the computers, and play with the dollhouse, and do a puppet show. They all groaned when I said "only four books each, cuz you all have a million from the davis county library" and were so excited when we got "PeeWee's Playhouse" on DVD. Yes dad, I'm subjecting my children to the same noisy kid's show I grew up watching! Oh lands, now I know why my parents would never sit down on Saturday morning and watch PeeWee with us. Haha :)

All in all, it was a great day- we had a fun time together, we got a lot of fun books and I was inundated with memories from going to the library as a kid with my mom (it even smelled the same!) and sitting and looking at books for what seemed like hours while she did research for something or other. We even made it all the way to the car and were buckled up ready to go before Someone said he had to go to the bathroom (he shall remain nameless to protect the innocent). Why do they ALWAYS wait until we're buckled up and ready to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment