Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bonding time

I've figured out how to get out of cooking dinner. Just offer to sit in the lobby and office of the insta-care for two hours with the child that's been stabbed with a pencil. You heard me. Weapon of mass destruction.

So last night was insane! Ethan was getting ready to do his homework and he and Wade were playing a little rough and I still don't know how it happened, but Ethan got stabbed by a pencil. Yeah. It went in right above his collar-bone and then broke off, leaving the lead and a little above it in his skin. Wade and I hauled him into the bathroom and I put some pressure on the bottom of it and was able to pull it out. He wasn't bleeding too bad, but we slapped a Spider-Man bandaid on it and Wade stayed home with the girls while I ran Ethan to the Insta-care in Roy. Cuz of course all of Layton was shut down with a power outage. :} We sat in the lobby for 45 freaking minutes waiting to be seen. They only had ONE doctor on call. How retarded is that? In the winter? After five? Yeah. So stupid. We finally got called back and then sat in an exam room for another thirty minutes. Good lands, I'm glad we put a bandaid on it! So he doesn't bleed to death! Luckily I had prepared and brought him some books to read and a notebook to draw in. It was completely retarded. The doctor finally came in and looked at the wound and after determining that he had feeling in both arms she decided to just clean it out really good and super-glue it back together. Sound familiar? Remember me doing this about a year and some ago when Izzy cut her head open and they glued it back together? Hahaha yeah, gotta invest in some of that glue. :) Any rate, he had a great time- they loaded him up with suckers and a toy and lots of praise for being such a wonderful patient. And he really was. We had some good bonding time (get it? bonding time? cuz they used glue? LOL) and I got to see that side of Ethan that I love. The funniest part was when the doctor accidentally glued her glove to his shoulder. HAHA!!


No comments:

Post a Comment