Tuesday, April 21, 2009

'Wicked' was... Wicked!

Last week I got to go to "Wicked" with Wade! It was so awesome and I was planning on blogging about it the very next day, but had to wait until SOMEONE (who shall remain nameless) downloaded the pictures from his phone onto the computer. Sorry, that's the only camera we had with us so the pics are probably not all that great. Nonetheless, I intend to share with you. :)

Wade surprised me at Christmas with tickets (Aack! How great is that?) that he'd gotten from his cousin Rob (THANKS ROB!!). When we found our seats we were SIXTEEN rows from the stage!! SIXTEEN!! I think the closest I've ever sat to the stage at Capitol Theatre is WAY up in the balcony somewhere. It was incredible! I can't go on enough about how amazing the show was, and if you get me started, you'll be sorry. :P So I'll give you the highlights- Glinda (Galinda- with a 'Ga' haha) was incredible. She had so much energy and was ping-ponging all over the stage. I've made it a goal to be that energetic in the next character I play. I came out with a whole new respect for the song "Popular"- I've played it at a million auditions and heard it sung by countless teenagers and had gotten tired of the song. Watching it actually being performed was amazing. Fiyero (the male lead; handsome prince if you will) was dashing and swanky and everyone fell in love with him immediately. Until he sang. OH MY LANDS!! His tenor notes literally had me melting in my seat. WOW. But the best part was when Elphaba (the 'wicked' witch) walked out onto the stage and the audience went nutz. I got a big lump in my throat and started to cry- I was so excited that I was finally there! The music was incredible, the costumes and special effects were fabulous and the story itself was so touching- I of course was crying at the end. Wade was like 'sheesh, can't take you anywhere without you crying at the end' Hahaha :) All in all, a wonderful, music-filled night that re-inspired me and energized me to keep doing shows. What a great experience! Thanks for a fun night Wader! Love ya!






2 comments:

  1. Awesome! i loved it too! Todd is going to get tickets too for Denver! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys got to go! This is one musical that is very inspiring, that's for sure. It's amazing. I'm glad it inspired you to keep doing shows cause you are great at them. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete