Monday, April 20, 2009

Escaping bird and exploding dough

Today was one of those days. Lol I was on the computer this morning and heard the flapping of wings. Not a big surprise, since we have two parakeets. The surprise was that the flapping noise was coming from the hallway. No, I don't keep the birds in the hallway, silly. I walked into the hallway and there on the floor sat my yellow parakeet, Sparkle. Recently she has become our little Houdini. Fortunately she's very tame and I was able to pick her up and get her back home. :)

Later on in the day I was fixing dinner and wanted to make some crescent rolls. No, I do not make them from scratch. Dough scares me and so I totally get them out of the can. I'm ok with this and Wade has learned to live with it. I had unwrapped the thing (can? canister? tube?) and was banging it against the counter to get it to open. Clearly there was too much pressure cuz it exploded and dough went shooting everywhere! Across the kitchen, all over the counter and floor, even in my hair. Sadly, no crescent rolls for dinner. :}

We wrapped up the day by playing outside and having Family Home Evening on the trampoline. I even jumped for about an hour with the kids without peeing my pants! Quite the accomplishment, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment