Thursday, January 20, 2011

To go or not to go, that is the eternal question

So my 11 year old daughter this morning is complaining of a stomachache and doesn't want to go to school. ALL MORNING she is fighting me about going to school. I give her ibuprofen and say give it til ten thirty... if the medicine hasn't kicked in and you still feel like crap then call me and I will be more than happy to come get you. More fighting and yelling (her, not me). Her sister stayed home yesterday complaining of a sore throat and I should've doped her up and sent her on her way but I was tired of listening to her cry. And yes, she ended up running errands with me and was fine and got an icee at Sam's Club. Ah..... now I see..... So I say to the 11 year old, "ok, you're more than welcome to stay home. However, I am not running any errands today. I'm not taking you to the library or the store or anywhere else cuz today is my stay at home and get things done day. You're more than welcome to lay on the couch and read a book or watch tv. It's your decision."

She got in the car and went to school.

*sigh*

I will never understand this child.

No comments:

Post a Comment