Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Surgery

Ethan had surgery on Monday and did so well!! He had that pyogenic granuloma on his lip removed by a plastic surgeon this time- last time it was just our GP that did it. It kinda sucked cuz we had to be there at 6:45 in the morning and he didn't get operated on til 8:20. That's hard for a little kid who was told not to eat anything after midnight the night before.... Oh man he was STARVING!! But he handled everything so well- I was super proud of him! He cried a little with the IV, but then so do I... I seriously wondered if I have the stomach for being a nurse cuz I almost passed out when the nurse missed the first time and said they had to try again.... ;P

The surgery itself went really well- he had a hard time in recovery but once I got him dressed and outside he started feeling a little better. He came home, laid on the couch and watched a marathon of Star Wars for the rest of the day. :) By the time I went running that evening he was playing outside like nothing had happened. Kids are amazingly resilient, aren't they?

Wade went on Pioneer trek last week with the stake and had a blast. They got rained on the entire second day but he said he stayed pretty dry, until they walked through a river on the third day. He came home so dirty and wet I made him change in the garage. Hehe

I ran eight miles with D (my partner) last week- it was surprising easy!! We ran 8 in an hour and 20 minutes, so we were going about 10-minute miles! When I run by myself I do about 11-minute miles, but I have a tendency to walk a little more when by my lonesome. I have some friends trying to talk me into the Top of Utah half.... I'm thinking about it. Gotta ask coach. ;)

1 comment: